0.10 Prep / 0:1:20 Cook / Serves 4
• 1 tbs olive oil
• 1.2kg chicken, cut into 4 or 8 pieces
• 1 onion, chopped
• 3 cloves garlic, sliced
• 2 x 125g Primo Classic Chorizo, chopped
• 2 carrots, chopped
• 1/4 cup fresh curry leaves
• 125ml (1/2 cup) white wine
• 4 (480 g) small red potatoes, quartered
• 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
• 250ml (1 cup) chicken stock
• Fresh steamed broccolini, to serve
Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Heat oil in a large flameproof (cast iron casserole) oven dish with a lid. Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Brown chicken in pan over medium heat for 3-4 minutes each side until golden. Remove and set aside.
Add onion, garlic, chorizo and carrot, and cook, stirring often over medium heat for 4-5 minutes until lightly browned. Add curry leaves and cook for 1 minute. Add wine and deglaze the pan, scraping any bits from the base of the pan. Simmer until reduced by half. Return chicken to the pan. Add potatoes and combined mustard and stock. Remove from heat.
Cover and transfer to oven. Bake for 1 hour or until chicken and potatoes are tender. Serve with steamed greens.
Publication: Taste Magazine. Image by Craig Wall.