Who says you can’t enjoy a pie for a midweek meal? Get this chicken pot pie on the table in less than 20 minutes and keep the hordes happy.
0:02 Prep / 0:15 Cook / 4 Servings
• 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, just thawed
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• 600g chicken thigh fillets, fat trimmed, coarsely chopped
• 420g can cream of mushroom soup
• 125ml (1/2 cup) cream for cooking
• 150g (1 cup) frozen carrots, peas & corn
• 1 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
• 1/3 cup chopped fresh continental parsley, plus extra, to serve
Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan forced. Lightly spray a baking tray with oil. Trim the pastry corners to form a rough circle. Cut into 8 wedges. Place on the prepared tray and bake for 12 minutes or until golden.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a 25cm (top measurement) frying pan or round flameproof baking dish. Cook the chicken over high heat, turning halfway, for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Add the soup, cream, frozen vegetables and tarragon. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Stir in the parsley.
Arrange the pastry over the chicken mixture and sprinkle with extra parsley.
Author: Alison Adams Image credit: Craig Wall Publication: Taste.com.au